4.19.2009

12 hours in COACHELLA

Purely spontaneous and exciting road trip. Stephany called Friday and asked if I wanted to drive to Coachella the next day. I thought about, and said 'Why not.' We were going to drive back to Vegas the same night so we would be home by Sunday morning. I don't know how it was possible but it was hotter there than in Vegas. Stephany's car thermometer read 100 degrees!!! Jesus!! But we got there at a pretty good time so we missed most the the heat...

The artwork and structures this year were top-notch...

THE QUAD CUBATRON was particularly impressive...


The Sahara stage hosted most the electronic/DJ sets. We were here most of the time dancing our asses off. THE BLOODY BEETROOTS was probably my favorite performance. Sooo much energy!!


I was kinda bummed to be missing out on RECORD STORE DAY but to my immediate surprise Zia had a tent with a fully operational record store inside! Fcukin technology!


All in all, it was an amazing night! With the right lineup I would highly consider going all three days. Not sure if I could do the camping thing, I get cranky if I go more than a day without a shower. So hotelroom or renting out a house sounds better.

No comments: