9.29.2009

calm...


Interbike Week is over. breathe.

My heart was at full capacity all week long. It was wonderful seeing old friends and making new ones. Nick and his friends rode from Boise, ID to Vegas in 6 days!! Bryan Novelo flew down from SF to play a show, ride bikes, drink margaritas, and warm my heart. At times, I wish I could be at two, or three places at once. Interbike is always a whirlwind of smiles and bikes.

All my training really paid off last Wednesday. I took 1st overall in this year's MASH DRAG RACE! This year was a series of three races: Sprint/Drag race, Alleycat, and Roller race. I did well in all three, but was completely surprised when Garrett announced my name out for first. Drea and I tied in points for first, so and I had to race once more for the title. I spun as hard as I could and came out on top. It was wonderful having all my friend's around me, cheering me on! I was on top of the world.

I plan on buying a road bike with my winnings. Time to step my game up...again.

1 comment:

KSFCupcake said...

I'm so very proud of you.