4.05.2011

Redlands Classic Criterium

Took 17th in the very fast and technical Redlands Classic Criterium.

What a weekend! I had April 3rd highlighted on my calender, added in my phone, and registration on my fridge for a while. This was a very important race for me. It was an "A" race. Not to say that all the other races before didn't matter, but this was one I was preparing and training for. The Redlands Classic is a pro stage race; with a TT Prolouge, Road Race, and Criterium. It's the first NRC (Nat'l Race Calender) race of the year, so a lot of Pro teams were aiming for this event as well.

Megan and I drove out early so I could get to my morning race. After getting my number and a quick warm-up, I was on my way. Megan gave me her ring, which I put in my back pocket, for good luck. It came in handy. The course was very fast and technical. A sharp acute turn seemed to give a lot of riders difficulty. After a few laps I found my line and stayed smooth. I stayed with the front group and chased down attacks. There were a lot of crashes but Megan's lucky ring kept my wheels on the ground. A few close calls hic-cupped my final sprint but I managed to stay in it. I felt very good about my performance.

After lunch, I drove with Megan to the Cabazon Outlets. We did some damage! Megan got an awesome Prada bag and sunglasses. It's always chaotic in outlet stores. A lot of walking and people dodging. I managed to catch a nap on the way home and woke up in time to sing along with Megan on out way back to Vegas. It was wonderful getting away for the day.

No comments: